Open Sesame!

Had a meeting in town this afternoon & once it finished I wandered down to Selfridges to have a nosey. On my way I gave Art a call & we had a good catch up about everything & tried our best to put the world to rights. When I arrived at the shop I stood just inside the side doors & carried on with our conversation.


While I stood there I was shocked how many people couldn't figure out the doors. They were just manual old school doors that you push/pull to open but that seemed far too radical for today's shopper, they want automatic! So many of them walked up so their noses were almost touching the glass & they stood there waiting for the doors to open, when nothing happened they looked up as if to check the mechanism & still waited. It either took them a bit longer to think about actually trying to push the door or someone else would come along & push another door to go through & then the original person would slip through too as if they might not be able to make them open again.

Once I'd finished people watching I headed downstairs to see the Project Ocean exhibition that I'd heard a lot about. I didn't see any coral or fish but I did spot this guy:


Not really sure how he helps with sea conservation but he was pretty funny! He also had a friend with him dressed equally as weirdly, but they both seemed to be having fun so I'll let them off!


When I got to the escalators I looked up & the whole area was filled with balloon sculpture which looked pretty cool.


While I was in there Jenny called & we went for a drink & a catch up before meeting up with other work colleagues both current & past. I'd booked a place called Little Sicily & let's just say I won't be visiting again! We waited ages to be served & acknowledged, when they brought my dish it was wrong & there was no apology & they offered us Parmesan when we were half way through the pasta, just to name a few things! The bonus was the food was pretty good! I thoroughly embarassed everyone in the group though when I presented my Taste London card for 50% off the food & also asked for them to remove the optional 12.5% service charge. Definately a Daddy's Girl! It was great catching up with everyone though, hopefully it won't be too long till the next one, but not sure I'll be organizing it!

roaming reporter KtPx

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ladies what #ldnlunch

Russia Rabble 2018

.....the elephant sneezed and fell on its knees.......