CGHC & FTHC

Another busy but funfilled weekend has gone by - this time with my College Girlies. Seeing as this might be the only catch up with us all before Chrimbo I decided to get some tinsel out & make the lounge look a bit festive.
I also couldn't resist getting some chocolate coins & writing their Christmas cards. Who says I get carried away with the festive season as soon as I'm given a chance?!
Becky, Liz & Laura arrived Saturday morning & we mat Karen at St.Pancras when we headed to Drink, Shop & Do for lunch (thankfully I'd booked this time!). The food was really good (including the sandwich triangles with the crusts cut off!) & they'd got all their decorations up too so at least it's not just me getting into the spirit of things.
We only had our 'slot' for 1.5hrs though cos they were so blimmin busy but before heading home we popped to Winter Wonderland which was even busier than last week (if that's possible). My main bug bear is still the fact that people are there with pushchairs sauntering around without a care in the world while the rest of the world & his wife end up queueing behind them. Grr!
While we were there there was a lovley sunset behind the ferris wheel so then I became the annoying one who stopped to take pictures of a pretty sky while every one else waited behind me (I love double standards!). Seeing as I wasn't as hung over as last week I decided to join Laura & Karen on a ride. It was a rollercoaster a bit likie Nemisis where your feet are dangling & was pretty good for a fairground (tho at a fiver a go it had to be!).
Once we'd shuffled around Winter Wonderland a bit more we headed home for a leisurely night in. I popped the pizzas in the oven, got out the nibbly bits & crackers & we all just vegged out on the sofa for the rest of the time. Bliss! I'd managed to find some Ben&Jerrys Witches so we scoffed them for pudding before Becky made us all mulled cider - I needed it after sitting through Strictly Come Dancing and X-Factor. Argh! We watched more rubbishy tv after that & finally went to bed about midnight.
Sunday morning we lazed around for most of the morning before heading to Spitalfields market to see what was on offer followed by a Wetherspoons lunch. Everyone left around 4:30pm & I had a cheeky nap before heading out with Adam to see Frank Turner with Karen & Charlie.

As per usual the gig was AWESOME! I was feeling a bit crap all day with a headache & dodgy throat (possibly passed on by a very generous Slink last week! I'll let you off chuck! :P) but by the end of it my headache had been forgotten about & my throat was no longer bothering me cos I'd pretty much lost my voice!  We arrived to Against Me palying their set which was really good, I didn't really know anything about them or their songs before but will definately scout them out now. FT came on at 9:20pm & rocked his little socks off. I shouted along to pretty much all of the songs & left with such a big grin on my face. As well as playing lots off the new album he did loads of the old stuff too (yay!) but not a lot from Poetry Of The Deed which was a shame cos that's a pretty ace album. Anyways I ain't complaining. He was playing at the Hammersmith Apollo which is his biggest venue to date tho that'll all be blown out of the water when he plays Wembley next year (which sadly we won't be able to make - boo!).

Anyways I think you'll have gathered by now it was a pretty brill weekend, roll on the next 2 then (I can't believe I'm saying this) but it's Chrimbo! Argh! I think the excitement of previous weekends as well as the ones to come is really getting to me though cos I was still wide awake at 2am this morning & again at 3am, only to be woken up by my alarm at 5:30am! *groan*
Ttfnx

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ladies what #ldnlunch

Londoners pt1

Happy 30th Adam!