Italy in Instagram

June can only mean one thing - the start of the trend fairs & Pitti Uomo in Florence is always the first we visit. I've got quite a few photos now from Florence over the years but decided to look at it in a different way this time & use every hipsters friend - Instagram. I got a bit snap happy though so forgive me!
This time I flew into Pisa & got the train to Florence. It was quite nice to get a bit of quiet time before the rush of the fair & see the Italian countryside as we went by (inbetween ploughing through The Hunger Games that I only started on the plane! Late to the party I know but what a fab book!)
I couldn't believe how hot it was. We'd flown out of the UK to grey skies & rain & landed in 40degree sunshine which would have been brill if I was going on holiday but not so ideal when walking around the fairs & shops & trying to stay focussed.
After meeting Donna at the hotel & grabbing lunch at Pocuspino (where else?!) we trotted off to the fair. Pitti Uomo had a farmyard feel this season with rows of scarecrows wearing clothes from the stands & big character hay bales dotted around.
The set of photos above are just from my first afternoon at the fair. Seeing as it was warm I needed to keep my fluids up, most of the stands had bars in them but unfortunately (!) all I could find was Prosecco to keep me refreshed & suddenly all of the shirts looked way more interesting than at the start! Once the fair had closed Donna & I grabbed a cocktail before heading off to meet Michael for dinner & red wine & then went to Baracutta's invite only party on an open air football pitch where of course they had an open bar & more Prosecco! How could I refuse?!
The next morning I was (surprisingly) ready & raring to go. After a quick breakfast we set off to the fair & arrived just after it opened thankfully we could tackle the rest of the stands before it got to hot. We grabed lunch (hello Porcuspino again!) & then Donna went back to the fair & I tackled the shops dodging in & out of the AC as much as possible.
Seeing as the weather was so nice Donna & I decided to head up to Fiesole in the hills surrounding Florence for my last night. I'd head so much about it in all the 5 & half years I've been coming to Pitti but never been, I'm so glad I've been now though it's stunning! We reserved a spot at a restaurant before going for a wander past the Amphitheatre & further up the hill till we found a beautiful spot looking out towards the other hills. I could have sat there for hours but the restaurant was beckoning so along with a glass of Presecco I toasted Italy & all it's wonderfullness. Bring on January!
Ttfn x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ladies what #ldnlunch

Russia Rabble 2018

wedding wednesday - preps for the big day!