Happy Holidays!

Well that's it for another year! Adam & I headed to ma&pa's straight after work on Friday so we could make the most of Chrimbo Eve rather than spending it sitting on a motorway in traffic jams. We spent the morning pottering round a surprisingly empty Hinckley town centre, Morrisons & Woodlands - think everyone had gone to Leicester for last minute buys.
It wouldn't be Christmas Eve without heading to church for the Christingle Service & nibbling away at the raisins while singing carols. The church was packed - a lovely sight to see. Afterwards, just like back in the day, we went over to Aunty Di & Uncle Dave's for dinner. It was lovely to catch up with them both & I got to see Helen as well who I grew up with & met her Fiance Pete before their wedding in April next year. We left theirs & headed to Midnight Mass. It's hard to believe Adam & I were some of the youngest there cos I'm sure we almost nodded off during the sermon (sorry mum! :P).
Before heading up to bed I left my usual note for Santa in the kitchen. I wanted to give Santa a bit of variety on his journey round the world so gave him to chance to have a few miniatures & toast en route.
I woke up the next morning to a messy kitchen thanks to Blitzen & I think I annoyed Rudolph a bit cos there was no carrot but it seemed to go down better than they year I left Santa milk cos I decided it wasn't safe for him to drink & drive.
As has become our little tradition over the last few years Adam & I had an hour together early Chrimbo morning before everyone else woke up & before he set off to see his family. We gave each other our gifts & had a cuddle while watching Scooby Doo (the same one that's on tv every year!). It's really lovely having that little bit of quiet time before the hustle & bustle of the rest of the day.
Adam had warned me not to make too much noise around his present which he'd put airholes in & had heavily hinted there might be a little pug in there. When I opened it I saw he hadn't lied......
there was little pug guarding my pressies! Looking at my gifts below do you think I have a slight obsession?!
I also got some fab pug mugs from Lou too!
Adam left about 8am & ma, pa & I had a really super duper lazy day. It was brill. We opened pressies, eventually got dressed & tucked into a yummy Chrimbo lunch with a 3-bird roast (turkey stuffed with a duck, stuffed with a chicken stuffed with stuffing) cooked by dad. Our Christingle (we added some more raisins) had pride of place in the table centre.
I managed to stay awake until after TOTP & the Queen's Speech then had a cheeky snooze on the sofa. Bliss!
I hope everyone had a lovely break wherever you are. :)
Ttfn x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ladies what #ldnlunch

Londoners pt1

Happy 30th Adam!