Journal Day - "first"

Danielle at Sometimes Sweet has started a new project called Journal Day & I thought I'd take her up on the challenge & attempt to write a post each time she writes a prompt so here goes....

Describe a "first" (first date, first lie, the first time you experienced something, first time in a particular setting, etc). Include as many details as possible to paint a picture.

After a bit of thought I decided to write about my first day at school. I'm not picking any school in particular but my mum&dad started a tradition right from the start where they'd take a photo of me outside their front door all ready for the challenges ahead. It's something I'd love to carry on when we have a little P of our own & he/she is ready to face the outside world (Argh I'm actually talking about children! When did that happen?!).
There are 2 images I can remember vividly. One is my first day at Infant school where I'm clutching a little yellow & green stitched P.E bag with my name written on it in felt-tip pen that mum had lovingly made for me. I wonder if she still has it? It was ace! The second photo is from High School & I'm in my first uniform - a blue skirt, white shirt, blue striped tie & blazer - all at least one size too big! I can't believe how long my skirt & most importantly my tie was either! By the time I'd been there a year it had gone from about 10 stripes long to only 3. I remember spending time getting it right every morning so it wasn't too long to be geeky or too short to be overly cool. I was a true inbetweener!

The whole 'photo to start a new year at a new place' carried on right until I left home to go to uni & I bet they'd look quite cool if you put them all together to see how I'd grown & changed. The last photo in this series is of me with my worldly goods packed up to live in halls at Lufbra & I'm wearing wide red corduroy trousers, platform trainers, a long black caridgan, a Paul Frank top & my hair in bunches streaked with purple. What a first impression that must have made on everyone as I moved in! I even tried to take one myself when I was living in London about to start my first day at work but it didn't come out right & wasn't the same doing it without a proud mum&dad holding the camera & reassuring me it would all be ok.

If you've got a good 'first' check out Danielle's blog & tell her all about it.
xKtPx

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ladies what #ldnlunch

Londoners pt1

Happy 30th Adam!