The Standard, Walthamstow - RIP

On Thursday the rockstars that are W.I.T had their very last gig at The Standard in Walthamstow. It was really sad to think that's the last time they'll stand on that fab stage (& we'll sneak off for fish & chips before soundcheck). Don't get me started again but the venue's been sold so new flats & shops can be built. Grr! Another live music venue bites the dust. I thought it was only fitting that the band posed for a few shots off the stage as well as on.
The first time I saw the band was here. I hadn't been going out with Adam that long & they played a song called Burning Candle that has the line "....I don't know what to do I can't take my eyes off you...." I remember feeling exactly like that looking at this rockstar I was dating & not much has changed now. It was lovely that they dug this old classic up & played it one last time on Thursday as well as all their other brill songs. Fancy a listen? Go to their myspace here.
Hopefully they'll find a new venue that has such good sound & a brill stage that can become their new regular. That is till it's decided London needs more flats & a place to appreciate live music isn't as important & that one vanishes too.
xKtPx 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ladies what #ldnlunch

Londoners pt1

Happy 30th Adam!