is still having a party and yes everybody's swinging!

Well I have been a busy bee and it’s pretty much all been mucking fagic!!!! :D This is my 1st update and there'll be many more! :P

Last Sunday was another Gaslight Anthem gig, this time at Shepherd’s Bush Empire. The venues are getting bigger for them but at least they’re still fairly small, don’t want them getting to the O2 or Wembly now (in a completely selfish way of course!)! I got there a bit early for meeting Adam so just happened to walk past the stage door and there was Brian (the lead singer) outside. I didn’t know what to do so ended up walking past him and going to the end of the street, standing there for a bit, pretending to phone someone and plucked up the courage to walk past him again an even speak to him! I asked for a photo and we had a little natter, as I was leaving he asked me my name and he said ‘nice to meet you I’m Brian!’ how sweet?! I joked that I knew who he was and I walked off on cloud 9! I love the way he’s still so humble and unassuming! :)



BRIAN AND ME! YAY!

The gig was brill and they were supported by the polar bear club (from NYC, not amazing!) and frank turner (ace! www.myspace.com/franktuner).

Adam, Jenna, Matt and I squirmed our way to the front with much less arguing from others in the crowd than last time thankfully and the show began. Brian spotted me and smiled, again I was back on cloud 9, not that I’d ever left I don’t think!! They played really well and I got some amazing live photos.



MY FAVOURITE SHOT OF THE NIGHT


THE FRONT ROW GANG (Matt - Jenna's boyfriend, Jenna - Adam's sister, Adam & I)


After the gig and the wrestle to the cloakroom we decided to wait at the stage door for a bit and see if we could meet any of the band. We only waited a bit and then Benny (the drummer came out) and started chatting to us. Did you know about 70% of ocean spray’s cranberrys come from new jersey (where the band are from?!), well you do now!! There were only about another 5 people hanging around so we all chatted in a group I got my ticket signed and photos taken.
BENNY, ADAM AND I

Later on Alex R (lead guitar) came out and we swamped him! We told him we’d seen him at the vans store signing in dec and I asked if he still had the photo I’d taken of him and he said his mum had loved it and it was at her house then when he gets a place of his own he’ll take it. (probably to decorate his downstairs loo!). Autographs and photos taken he popped back inside to get Brian and the other Alex to say hi.
ALEX R, ADAM AND I


Brian came out and I said hi again. We joked about me stalking him (little does he know! Haha :P) and stood talking to him for ages about his solo stuff and gaslight. Half way through I couldn’t believe we were just chatting to him like you would to someone just down the pub! It was great. I did want to take him home with me tho! Along with Benny and Alex!!

BRIAN, ADAM AND I

Eventually Alex L (bass) came out and we got a group photo and the last of our signatures and finally left shepherds bush at midnight! I was fine getting home cos it was busses all the way for me but Adam, Jenna and Matt had to get back to north London and ended up missing the last tube and had to get night busses! Yoink! Was well worth it tho! Jenna and I are still on cloud 9 now and nothing can wipe this smile off my face, not even Friday 13th!!!
THE BAND AND US :)
COULD MINE OR JENNA'S SMILES GET ANY BIGGER?!


OUR SIGNED TICKET

Oh and I have proof Friday 13th aint that bad - I got a Valentines parcel from Adam delivered to work – it was a red glittery KtP necklace from Tatty Devine and it’s ruddy beautiful! Aww! He’s the best! :D
xxx









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ladies what #ldnlunch

Russia Rabble 2018

wedding wednesday - preps for the big day!