"Hot Water's so overrated...."

These are the words that I'm sure will come back to haunt me one day!

On Saturday night, just as Adam was running me a bath to give him some quality x-box time our boiler broke. We had no hot water, it was luke warm at the most & as my Lush Bath Bomb fizzed away in barely a puddle of water we realised we had a problem. I called ma&pa for help (sod's law they'd only just left a few hours earlier!), we tried all we could to get the boiler to light but it was no good. Dad then remembered we had an immersion heater (whoop), as I flicked the switch I couldn't almost feel myself sinking into my bubbly bath, till my daydream was shattered by a bang as the element or fuse blew! Chuh!

By this point it was getting late so we decided to call it a day & go to bed & hope it would all be a bad dream by the time morning came. Once I eventually awoke from my pit at 1:15pm (an impressive lie in even by my standards!) my puddle of green, gungy Lush-ness was still there & I was no closer to my bath. *sigh*

It was then that we realised all was not lost......
~ we have an electric shower - so hot water's still ok to wash in
~ our washing machine works from the cold water pipe - so we can still wash clothes
~ our dishwasher also works from the cold water pipe so we can wash up....
This leads me to my...."Hot water's so overrated" statement. Why are we paying for a new boiler?! Who needs hot water running from the tap?! For everything we can't put in the dishwasher we can boil a kettle or even wash it in the shower with us! Sorted!

I'm sure I won't be singing from the same song sheet by this time next week but for now it's fun pretending it doesn't bother me as we wait for British Gas! *sigh* the joys of home ownership!

Tfn x

Comments

AJP said…
We'll remember to turn off the hot water and entral heating when you come here

Popular posts from this blog

Ladies what #ldnlunch

Russia Rabble 2018

wedding wednesday - preps for the big day!