young and the hopeless!

Last Friday I went to see Good Charlotte at Brixton Academy. I’ve liked them since I was in 1st year and we used to jump around to ‘lifestyles of the rich and famous’ at rock night seeing as that was the only ‘rock’ thing I knew back in them days!! So when I got tickets to see them I was a little bit more than excited! (I like them cos of the view as well as their music so that helps of course!! ;-) )
OBVIOUSLY BEAUTY IS IN THE EYE OF THE BEHOLDER!! :P

Now I knew that there would be quite a lot of emos and quite a lot of teenagers there cos I thought it would be about an over 14s gig at the worst, so I braced myself. But nothing prepared me for the fact that there was no age limit! There were kids who looked as young as 7 wandering around in their little GC tshirts! I couldn’t believe it! I think adam and I were some of the oldest people there who weren’t parents! :S I usually feel old at a reel big fish gig cos they are over 14s but this was worse!

GC were brilliant live. Their music was fantastic and everyone was jumping and singing along. Thankfully the 7 yr olds were all sitting down upstairs so were well out of the way of the mosh pit!! As I said, GC were great when they were playing but then at the end of most songs they decided to ‘tell us a story,’ this got a little more than annoying when they kept doing it! They could have played about another 3 or 4 songs in the amount of time they chatted! I guess they did need a break but it was all a bit too much like….sing a song…waffle on about how your twin is the best at writing lyrics…..sing a bit…..tell your twin he’s the best…..sing…..maybe sing another one right after the other song….then chat some more!! I think you get the message!

They played all their main hits (:P) and all my favourite songs which was cool, I didn’t quite scream as much as I used to with Blue, and didn’t nearly faint which is a bonus but I still showed my appreciation along with all the other screming teens!! How sad am I?! Their encore was the ‘River’ and tho it was a shame Avenged Sevenfold weren’t singing along with them on stage like it is on the album, it was still fantastic and then they left the crowd by playing ‘lifestyles of the rich and famous’ which meant I left with a big grin on my face! :-D
xxx

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ladies what #ldnlunch

Russia Rabble 2018

wedding wednesday - preps for the big day!