drum roll please..........

Well I ended up having a great start to 2011 on Friday 7th Jan Adam proposed to me! We went out for a meal the day before our 4year anniversary to a restaurant called The Penthouse, Leicester Square. It was on the 7th floor & had a balcony that looked out over the city to the eye, big ben & the gherkin. Adam suggested we go out & look at the ‘view’ before our main course & after ‘oohing’ & ‘aaahing’ I turned round & he was down on one knee & popped the question! After a lot of giggling/crying/shaking I eventually said yes! The waitresses had all seen what was going on so when we came back in they brought us glasses of champagne & a sparkler while everyone applauded! Embarrassing, but the nice kind of embarrassment that says ‘oh no stop’ but please carry on!
He even had a ring! It had belonged to his gran & is made up of 2 diamonds (from his great-gran’s engagement ring) either side of a blue sapphire. I love the fact that there’s history behind it & it’s personal to him & his family. The day after I met up with his Jill & Keith (his parents) to get it shrunk down to fit my dainty (the only part of me that is!) fingers & now it fits like a glove. Yay! On the way home I didn’t dare take my gloves off & enjoyed the fact that under my big woolly mittens I was hiding something beautiful & no one knew but me!

After I’d met with Jill & Keith I rushed to paperchase to buy a fancy notebook that I could start scribbling in & plan! I’m sure most of you know me by now so this isn’t a surprise at all. We’re planning a 2012 wedding but I already have lots of things jotted down & everyone’s joking that I’ll have everything sorted in a week or two! Hehe. Poor Adam, every time the book comes out he groans but he has been good & helped with ideas & themes instead of shying away into the x-box room & not returning till the book’s been put away again!

THE RING & MY SPECIAL NOTEBOOK :)

He’d also done the traditional thing of asking mum & dad on Christmas Eve which is fab. It meant so much to us three, I’m so close to mum&dad so loved the fact they were all in on the surprise, they knew it would happen but wasn’t sure when. So when I called with the news thankfully they were expecting it & I didn’t have to pick dad up off the floor! At least they’ve got time to plan & start their diet of bread & water so that they can pay for the 3 elephants followed by 2 camels & a unicorn all pulling me in a jewelled coach!

My big dilemma now though is do I change my blog name?! I’ve been ‘the happy little world of miss ktp’ for so long now & don’t think MRS ktp (cos thankfully Adam's surname also starts with P) works so well. Anyways I don’t need to do anything for another year & a half so don’t think that’s top of the priority list!!!

Anyways best be off, dresses to look at, flowers to smell, champagne to taste, oh and work to do (boo! Can’t brides-to-be have extra days off for planning?!)
X x x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ladies what #ldnlunch

Russia Rabble 2018

wedding wednesday - preps for the big day!