princess plumpton......

well im living in the life of luxury at the moment and its great! Flew to delhi yesterday and that was where i left becca, im now travelling on my own! i was greeted at the airport by 2 guys from 'culture holidays' who were there to pick me up and take me to my first hotel on my golden triangle tour. it was the metropolitain Nikko Hotel and was lovely! i even had a bath, with bubbles to make it that extra special! hehe. i then put on my slippers provided by the hotel, got ready for bed and got in between the crisp white sheets and sunk into the overly soft and fluffy pillows!!!!! this morning i caught the train to jaipur, A/C of course and the trouble is that im not used to A/C so im absolutely freezing everywhere i go! got to jaipur and was met by my tour guide and driver for the day. our first stop was an elephant ride (much comfier than a camel!) up to the amber fort, next the wind palace, the water palace, city palace, observatory and any other tourist spots in jaipur. as well as a few shopping stops too where i just couldnt resist purchasing the odd thing!! hehe. tonight im staying that Le Meridien in Jaipur and I thought they were having a laugh when they pulled me up to the door! it looks like a palace! and its no different inside! 3 women greeted me, one put a red bindi on my head, the next put a flowered garland round my neck and the third said "welcome miss plumpton how are you?!" wow! hehe! i then went straight for a swim and had a great shower (no bath this time though! :-( ) just had my dinner, about to pop up to the bar for a kingfisher then off to my hopefully as comfy as last night, bed!

one more thing, remember how i commented in my last post on having no torrents of water flowing down the roads yet? well i had to open my big mouth didnt i cos the next day we got up to leave our hotel, looked out the door and all the kids were outside playing in a river that used to be our street! they were wading around and it was up to their knees!! we ended up leaving 3hours late cos we just couldnt get out! even when we left, our feet were still under water but it wasnt too bad! luckily though thats really the only rain ive seen, probably jinxed my trip to the taj mahal tomorrow now by saying that! great!

anyways d'harling im off!

toodles!

mwah mwah!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy 30th Adam!

Ladies what #ldnlunch

Londoners pt1